INTRODUCTION: Youth need guidance and support as they navigate through the most challenging part of their development and seek to grow in their walk with Christ. Christ-like leaders are needed to serve young members of the congregation and help them to reach their full potential.
It is important for the truth of the gospel to be passed down from generation to generation to grow the body of Christ. Ultimately, helping youth to grow spiritually in their formative years will equip them to make an impact for Christ both now and in their future.
VISION STATEMENT: The Youth Ministry, exists to encourage a community of students and young adults with a strong Christian foundation, empowering and equipping them to discern their place in God’s kingdom.
POSITIVE that God loves them and that He has a good plan and purpose for their lives.
PERSUADED that God’s way really is the best way.
PASSIONATE for Jesus Christ, for His church, for the needy, and for the lost.
PREPARED for life, for relationships, for service, and for leadership.
MISSION STATEMENT: Ignite, Inspire and Equip the next generation of young people to live healthy, purposeful lives, with true love and affection for Jesus, a passion for the lost and commitment to the JCLI (ILE-EWE)
– To prepare youth for a lifelong walk with Christ by increasing their knowledge and understanding of Bible truths and how to apply these truths in every area and relationship of life.
– To help youth become aware of God as revealed in Jesus Christ, to respond to Christ in a personal commitment of faith, and to follow God’s will in the full meaning of church membership and Christian discipleship.
– To help youth develop a meaningful and devotional prayer life, experience worship in private and corporate settings, and understand and commit themselves to a Christian perspective of morality.
– To guide youth to witness about their personal faith in Jesus Christ and to invite others to respond to Him, to explore their abilities, talents and discover their God-given purpose for living, to participate in Christian missions and help develop the skills these ministries require, in the stewardship of their money, time, and abilities.
– To teach youth to see themselves the way God sees them as expressed clearly in the Word of God.
– To offer youth opportunities for Christian fellowship and development of social skills.
– To enlist and equip adult leaders who will work effectively toward the objectives for youth ministry.
For more information, please contact JEGLO – Jerusalem Evangelism and Global Outreach ([email protected])